Google Sheets IntegrationMarch 25, 2021
In Action Plans, you can now create an action plan step to instantly update a Google Sheet. This is an easy way to push updates to Google Analytics or other third party platforms that integrate with Google Sheets. To do this:
- Go to Action Plans
- Open the Action Plan you wish to add the step to
- Add a new action step
- In the Action Type drop down list select Google Sheet.
- Link the Google account that has editor rights to the Google Sheet you wish to update, by clicking on the drop menu for Authorized Google Accounts.
- To add an authorized Google account just select “Add New”
- Click the blue button that appears that says “Authorization with google”
- Select which of your Google accounts you wish to authorize
- Click Allow
- Then go back to the drop-down list and select the newly authorized account.
- Next, paste in the Google Sheet ID
- This is found opening the desired Google Sheet and copying the id number from the URL for the Google Sheet
- Select the Payload
- If you opt to send full Contact Payload your sheet needs to be designed to have headers for every piece of the contact’s payload
- If you want to only send specific information from the Contact, you need to map your Sheet’s Columns to the specific data being sent. Be sure to place the data you are sending in the same order of the Sheet’s Columns. For easy mapping, put the same name of the Sheet’s column header as the Key Name. Then select the corresponding Contact Token as the Value to be sent. Click Save after each Key Name-Value pair you create.
- You can also set a fixed Value without a token, but that value will always be what is sent.
- Click “Save Action” once you are done with editing the step
Each time this action step runs, it will push the selected data from the client record into the specified Google Sheet.