ContactsFebruary 10, 2020
ClientTether is fantastic at keeping you connected with your clients, vendors, employees and anyone else this essential for your business to be successful.
One of the essential tools for that success is our Contact management tool set. Contacts in ClientTether allow you to keep in touch with everyone that is part of your company. You are able to sort contacts based on type and keep track of all communications in one central, organized location – the Contact List.
Below are topics that go over the key features of our contacts pages. Select on any of the links below to learn more.
- Types of Contacts and the Contact List
- Know How Many Contacts You Have
- Manually Creating Contacts
- Other Ways Contacts are Created
- Group Email
- Group Text
- Merging Contacts
- Group Changes
- Updating Contacts
- Importing Contacts
- Exporting Contacts
- Releasing a Contact
- Reassigning a Contact
- Deleting Contacts
- Searching Contacts
- Contacts Advanced Filter
- Page Settings
- Contact Profile
Types of Contacts and the Contact List
There are 6 types of Contacts with a growing features set for each. Selecting the proper Contact Type is very important because the Dashboard and Pipeline are sensitive to Contact Type selection.
- Other companies/people you partner with
- People you buy from
- Whatever else you need to use to categorize contacts
- This contact type designates that the contact has moved and changed locations.
- This Contact Type is Not available in all accounts. If you would like access to this Contact Type please contact your Success Manager.
- Deleted Contacts
- This is a fail safe to make sure if you did not mean to delete someone who can easily restore the contact.
- These contacts are inactive and do not get checked in the duplicate check process.
- If you delete from Archived the contact is gone forever.
Please note when you select the “All Main Contacts” Contact List it does not show you archived contacts. .
Clicking view all Active opportunities list out each individual opportunity that is in an active Sales Cycle.
You will note the Opportunity name is listed above the contact name. This is not like the rest of the options in the contact drop down list, because it is not displaying the central contact profile, but each individual opportunity.
Also be aware you can break down the contact type by using the drop down menu to the right of Search Contact by:
- Main Contacts
- Only shows the default opportunity for each contact
- Active Opportunities
- Will display all opportunities that are in an active Sales Cycle Step.
- All Opportunities
- Will display all opportunities that exist in that contact type. Regardless of if they are active or not.
Know How Many Contacts You Have
This information is included at the top of the page of each Contact List you select.
Other Ways Contacts Are Created
This feature is useful when you discover you have multiple contacts for the same person.
- Select the contacts involved
- Select Which Contact you wish to keep
Make sure to make a history note in the contact you intend to keep that includes any information you need from the other contact.
Also change the street address to the one you plan on getting rid of to “Rid” so that it is easy for you to tell the contacts apart.
This allows you to make quick changes to multiple contacts in a contact list.
This feature allows you to change the following:
- Lead Source
- Sales Cycle
- Action Plan
- Assigned User
- Contact Type
- You can add tags
- You cannot remove tags
To use this feature:
- Select multiple, at least two, contacts.
- Select field(s) you wish to change
- Or if you have decided you don’t want to update click “Cancel” on the bottom right corner, or the “X” on the top right corner.
Shortly after clicking the button to update a message like this
This feature allows you to download a .CSV file of all your active contacts, so all contacts that are not Archived.
- In the Contact List click
- Then Click “Click here to Download Export File”
- You file will download as a .CSV
- Open in you desired software
Releasing Contacts allows sub accounts to release their contacts to their direct Parent Account.
To release a contact or contact(s)
- Check the box next the name(s) you would like released.
- Click “Okay”
- If you changed your mind click “Cancel”
Reassigning contacts allows you to send a contact to any of your direct sub accounts.
- Select contact(s) you wish to reassign
- Select the sub account you want to send the contact(s)
- Click Reassign Contacts
- Or if you have decided you don’t want to reassign click “Cancel” on the bottom right corner, or the “X” on the top right corner.
You can use the “Search Contact” bar to search you contacts by:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- email (full or partial)
- Cell phone (full or partial)
Contacts Advanced Filter
Basic Advanced Filter
Advanced Filter has the options of filtering your contacts based on:
- Action Plan
- Sales Cycle
- Lead Source
- Assigned User
Using the Advanced Filters Button
To access the Advanced Filters click in the bottom left of the window.
This Advanced Filters option allows you to
- select a “Search”, which is based off of any variables tied to the contacts.
- The “That is” column allows you to select the logical tool you wish to search with
- “The Value” is the value you are searching
- “Continue With” allows you to choose an “And” or “Or” Relationship between your rows in the search.
- “And” means anything joined by the And must be true for results to be returned.
- “Or” means it will return anything where any of the items are true.
- You can add as many rows as you wish by clicking
Page settings allow you to select what columns/fields you would like to display on the contact lists and also how many contacts you want displayed per page.
When you are doing making the changes you wish click