EmailsDecember 31, 2020
ClientTether Email is another integrated communication tool we provide to help you automate engagement with your contacts. It keeps all sent emails stored and accessible through the contact’s history.
In the topics included on this page we are going to discuss everything you need to know about how to use this tool to effectively communicate with your contacts.
- Rules, Regulations, Best Practices
- Action Plan Email Messages
- Template Email Messages
- Manual Single Email Messages
- Manual Group Email Messages
- Unsubscribing From Email Messages
Rules, Regulations, Best Practices
All Clients and Users are also required to follow our Acceptable Use Policy.
Action Plan Email Message
Email messages in Action Plans are automatically sent as an email step in an action plan.
It is highly recommended you use Tokens such as First Name to personalize the message. You can also use tokens in the subject line of the email, which can help personalize your client’s experience and increase engagement.
Type your desired message in the message box.
You also have the option of adding in additional email addresses, and excluding the client if you need to.
If you are excluding the client, check the exclude client box, and make sure you include the email address the email in the box for alternate email addresses
You can also attach files to your email via the File input right under the message box.
For more information on Action Plans click here.
Template Email Messages
Template Email Messages are sent via the Manual Single Email Messages or the Manual Group Messages.
These are pre-written messages that are handy to have, but don’t necessarily fit into an action plan.
They are created in the Template area (Can be found under the Action Plan Menu)
You are again able to select Tokens to personalize the message.
Also add a meaningful subject and type in your content. You can add attachments with the File input.
If you are sharing this template with sub accounts, you may check the box next to “Protect from Overwriting” if you do not what them to make changes.
Manual Single Emails
These Email Messages are sent from within the Contact Profile.
Open the contact profile and go to the tab that is labeled Email.
- In here you can select to have this email be sent immediatly or delayed.
- You can select whether you would like a notification.
- You can add in additional email addresses.
- You can opt to exclude the client
- Make sure you check the exclude client box. Include the email address you want to receive the message in the box for Alternate Addresses.
- Select an email template.
- Type your message (Note Tokens are not available here).
- Attach files.
- Click “Send Email” when you are ready.
- If you don’t need to send it or you want to reset the message, click “Clear”.
Manual Group Email Messages
To send a group email message, go to the contact list. Check the boxes of all contacts you would like to send the message.
Next, click the Blue “Email” button at the top left part of the screen.
Please note this does not send out a big group email, but an individual email to each recipient with the same message.
You will see the number of contacts selected.
From here, you can
- Select immediate or Delayed timing.
- Choose a template.
- Type in a manual message.
- Add an attachment with the File Input.
- Send message when ready.
- Click “Clear” if you wish to disregard.
Unsubscribing From Emails
Contacts have the option and right to opt out of emailing at any time.
To do so, they simply need to click the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of the email they received from you.
If a contact unsubscribes from emailing, ClientTether will ad a red note in the history, which when expanded, will show details about when they unsubscribed.
This note will also contain the contact’s email address, which will be removed from their email field in the client record. This helps you retain the information, and it helps ensure you do not accidentally violate their request to no longer receive your email messages.
Do not email them again unless the contact has given you express permission to do so.