QuickBooks Online IntegrationSeptember 21, 2021
There is an Add-On feature in ClientTether to integrate with QuickBooks Online. Once that Add-On is activated and the first Sync is complete, a regular synchronization is done every two hours at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 Mountain Time.
- The synchronization is initiated when a Contact, with an existing proposal, is marked as Closed or CMPL.
- A new invoice will be created in your QuickBooks Online account, with the same name and number as the ClientTether proposal.
- If the client already exists in QuickBooks, then the invoice will be tied to that client.
- If the client does not exist, then a new client record will be created in QuickBooks with the information from ClientTether and the invoice will be tied to that client.
- Any “Product” that exist in ClientTether that do not exist in QuickBooks will be created.
- Any payments recorded in ClientTether will be added to that invoice.
- As payments are added in ClientTether they will be added to the existing invoice.
NOTE: Our CSMs are NOT QuickBooks user. How you use the data once transferred, is up to you.
How to Set up QuickBooks Online integration
This is done in a few quick steps
- Go to Add-Ons tab in setting and check the box for Quickbooks (this is a premium option.
- Go to the new Quickbooks tab and click on Provided links
- Sign into your Quickbooks account.
- Next, Choose how to match Proposal data to your QB Products.
- Lastly, there is an option to map three fields to your custom QB fields.
You can see this is set up once you have completed these steps by going back to the Quickbooks Tab. The email tied to your Quickbooks account will display as well as a notification that the integration is turned on.
QuickBooks Online integration is a premium add-on, and there is a cost associated with using this integration. Please contact your account manager to discuss any costs associated with activating this feature.