Proposals SettingsOctober 24, 2020
To help you centralize your operations, ClientTether provides a proposal system that is easily customized to suit your needs.
This page will provide the details on how you can customize the proposal system on your settings page.
- Activating Proposal System
- Quote Header Settings
- Production Manager Settings
- Tax Settings
- PDF Page Details
- Sub Contractor Emails
- Bid Types
Activating Proposal System
- Go to settings
- Click Add-Ons Tab
- Select Activate Proposal System 2
- Proposal tab will appear
- Select Proposal tab
Quote Header Settings
- Next Quote Number
- Proposal Header Information
Next Quote Number allows you to set the Next Quote Number if that needs to be adjusted.
Proposal Header Information Allows a series of check boxes that allow you select what you would like displayed for your clients on their quotes.
Production Manager Settings
- Go to Settings page
- Select Proposal Tab
- Find “Tax Setting” header
- Change the tax setting(s)
- Once you have made your changes click anywhere outside of the field and it will auto save.
PDF Page Details
Use the top text field, labeled “Term and Conditions” to enter in any pertinent terms and conditions for your service that your clients need to know.
Use the bottom text field, labeled “About Me” to provide any additional information about your services or company that would be beneficial for your clients.
Sub Contractor Emails
Use this setting to add in any emails for subcontractors that your company uses.
This makes it possible for you to email information directly from the proposal to your subcontractor.
The Pre-Notes section allows you to create notes for common things that you will encounter on a proposal.
Its not for a product, but rather notes about something.
An example would be “Dog present”
- Line Item
The Bid Type setting allows you to assign Types, Category and Line Items for your proposals.
To help clarify an Type is the most general grouping, for example, Flooring.
The Category is the specfic category under the Type. So for Vinyl could be a category under flooring.
Line Item is the specific product. So Johnny’s Bamboo Vinyl Flooring would be the line item.
So the pattern is we work from the most general to the most specific Type->Category->Line Item.
So in the example it would be Flooring->Vinyl->Johnny’s Bamboo Vinyl flooring.
The steps for creating a Type are:
- Click the directly under Bid Type and to the right of “Add New Bid Type”
- Enter the Type name
- Select if you would like the room measurement feature to be on for this type.
- Select any sub accounts you want to allow access to this type.
- Click the button
- Click the at the type right part of the window
- You will see your new Type displayed at the bottom of the type list.
The steps for adding a new category are:
- Hover your mouse over any of the existing Bid Types
- Click on the icon next the Bid Type you hovered your mouse over
- Enter the name for the category
- Select the display order
- Select the bid Type
- Click button
- Click in top right part of window
- Click next to Bid Type you assigned the new category to
- Your new category will be displayed below the Bid Type
- Select any Drop down of Bid Type
- Then select any drop down of bid category
- Click next to category
- You will notice if you hover over this it will say “Add Line Item”
- In the Add/Edit Line Item select the category the line item will under
- Select item type
- Give the Item a name
- Write a description of the item
- Enter Display Order
- Check if taxed
- Add any custom fields
- Enter any calculations for retail and/or sub rates