Proposal SystemDecember 7, 2020
The proposal system allows you to easily create quotes and invoices for clients.
It also allows you to directly engage subcontractors and other team members about the needs of a specific project.
Importantly all aspects of this proposal system are in your control. This means all elements are designed for customization.
For setting up the proposal system please visit our page on Proposal Settings.
- Turning On Proposal System
- Creating New Blank Proposal
- Creating New Proposal from a Template
- Accessing an Existing Proposal
- Proposal Overview Tab
- Work Order
- Change Order
- Punch List
- Creating Templates
- Sending the Proposal
Turning On Proposal System
- Go to settings
- Click Add-Ons Tab
- Select Activate Proposal System 2
- Proposal tab will appear
- Select Proposal tab
Creating a New Blank Proposal
- Go to the Contact Profile you wish to create a proposal for
- Click the drop menu on
- Select New Proposal
- A blank new proposal will open
Creating New Proposal from a Template
Accessing an Existing Proposal
In order to access an existing proposal it has to have been created.
- Go to the Contact Profile you wish to access an existing proposal for
- Click the drop menu on
- Select the existing proposal you wish to access
- The existing proposal you selected will be opened.
Proposal Overview Tab
This tab allow you to get the key details of a proposal at a glance.
It is broken into five sections
- Proposal Phase
- Client Name
- Lead Source for Client
- Selected from users in account
- Allows you to name the proposal
- Proposal Notes
- Client Notes
- These are imported from the History Notes that have been added from the contact profile
- Header Photo
- Allows you to personalize and Brand your proposals.
- Work Phase
- Job Start Date
- Job End Date
- Production Manager
- Selected from the users in account
- Work Notes
- Completion Phase
- Total Due
- Date and Amount of Payments
- To add new payment Click
- Select Date
- Select How Payment was Recieved
- You will need to enter last four digits of card
- Will need to enter check number
- Select type of payment
- Enter the Amount of the payment
- Amount still remaining
- COGS (Cost of Goods Sold)
- Name of good
- Cost of Good
- To add a new cost click
- Type in name of good
- Type in cost
- Total cost of goods sold
From this tab you can also choose between or
This is the only place you can delete the proposal.
The worksheet is where you build the quote. You use the bid types, categories, line items, and equations you have created in the Proposal Settings.
Any boxes in the Work sheet that are filled with grey are not editable. Any that are white can be edited.
- To start you will need to add a bid type. Just click the next the word Estimate.
- Select your bid type
- Enter area Name
- Enter any general comments or concerns
- Expand this bid type by clicking on the to show
- Select your Category
- Select your Line Item
- If you have added any custom fields in Proposal Settings for this line item you will fill them out here.
- Check the if the item needs tax added.
- In the Columns on the far right check what you want displayed.
- $ = Displayed Itemized line details on the Quote
- Q = Display this amount on the quote – Unchecking this box will remove this line from the quote entirely.
- W = displayed on the Work Order
- If you need to delete a line item just click on the far right of the line item.
- Continue to add any additional Line items for this bid type/ area by repeating steps 5-8.
- You can rearrange the order of these line items by clicking next to any of the line items. Just click and drag the item to the correct spot.
- Add any additional notes about this Bid Type/ Area
- Add attachments, such as pictures.
- You can also designate a discount.
- If you want to take off 25% for example, just type 25 in the discount box.
- To Add more Bid Types/ areas repeat this process
Once you have completed the work sheet click
If this proposal is going to be reused. For example if you are going to do the same type of project over and over again and will require the same fields it would be wise to click and it will save the categories and layout as a template that can be used over and over again with other customers. This is covered in more detail in Creating Templates.
The Quote tab will display as much or little detail you as you have selected with the column.
Notes for each Area / Bid Type will be displayed automatically as will the total cost.
At the bottom you will find the grand total for the quote.
Below your quote line items, your Terms and Conditions, that you have provided in the Proposal Settings, will display.
A check box is provided that allows your customer to accept the proposal and also access a signature line.
Once the check box is checked the signature block will show up.
To capture the signature have them start signing near the middle of the box.
When the signature is captured please click
You can also view pdf versions of the quote by clicking or
The short link is a pdf of the quote page. The long link includes your account name, logo, About Me section, and the information on quote tab.
If you click it will take you back to the Contact Profile where you can use a template with the correct tokens to send the proposal type you wish to send to your client (Short or Long). This is covered more depth in Sending the Proposal.
This tab allows you to assign and manage work orders to subcontractors.
You can add items to be available for Work orders by checking checking the box under the W column.
You can then create work orders by Bid Type. You select the bid type(s) and then click .
At the bottom of the page you select to which subcontractor you’d like to assign the work order. Then Click either or .
Change order allows you to make changes to a proposal after the customer has accepted your original quote.
You can change, add, or remove items by typing the description.
Please note if you are removing an item or lessening the cost that you should use a negative number in the cost field.
Once you are done with your change order please have the customer sign in acknowledgement and approval of the change.
Change orders will show up on the Invoice for the Proposal.
You can click or .
The punch list allows you to have the project manager go through a job and create a list of things that still need to be completed.
You can easily add items to the punch list by clicking the next to “Add new Row”.
As items are completed just check box for each item to the right.
The customer can sign at any time to signify they approve the punch list is complete.
You can click or .
The invoice is used after the job is complete. It lists the Bid Type and area with the total cost.
It also Shows any payments the customer has made toward Grand total and will display the total left for the customer to pay.
To email the invoice just click and follow the instructions in Sending the Proposal.
Creating templates can save you a lot of time and your estimators a lot of headaches.
To create a template walk through a basic bid for flooring in a house, you will want to either create a bid for a real client, which is generally applicable. Or, you can create a bid for a test client that is representative of what you would typically see.
- Create the proposal on the worksheet.
- Then click
- Give the template a meaningful name and click Save.
- If you decide you want to change something or don’t want the Template click Cancel.
Sending the Proposal
To send the proposal you need to either utilize a template or action plan.
For the purposes of this tutorial we will walk you through this process via a template.
The first thing to do is create a template with the correct tokens. (If this has already been done skip to the next section)
- Go to templates
- Click next to “Email Templates”
- Name the Template/Give a subject
- Based on the purpose of the email select the correct tokens.
- Your tokens for proposals allows you to send links for the quote, invoice, change order, and punch list. See our Tokens page to see the exact list.
- Format your email
The second step in this process is to send the email.