The text editor is not available for writing text(sms) messages. This is because the nature of sms is simple text and will not support extra (HTML) features.
Font and Writing Style
You can easily manipulate the Font and Writing Styles:
- Headers, paragraph, quotes, etc
- Typographical emphasis
- Strike Through
- Highlight Text
The different medias you can add using the Text Editor
- Horizontal Line
- This is how you make structured HTML emails
- Not available in emails because video files are too large to be sent via email. You must send a link, preferably with a Thumbnail.
You can also adjust the size of the editor box, as well as see the straight HTML of the email if you wish to edit directly in the code.
- Adding an Image
- Adding a Video using Video Icon (Cannot use for emails)
- Adding a Video using link and Thumbnail for Email
How to add an image into the text editor
- Paste the image's URL
- You have to have a url for the image. Trying to paste an image into the text editor can create issues. Note: You can add an image into the Account File repository, which can produce a link to the image to use as a thumbnail.
- Add Alternative text - a brief explanation of image in case it has an issue with displaying.
- Set Proportions.
- It is recommended to allow these to be Auto. You can easily adjust them once the image is embedded.
- Check if you would like to insert a description.
- This would provide a space to caption the image
- Select Alignment
- Click Submit
You can adjust the size by clicking on the image and selecting a point to manipulate the size.
Depending on your alignment choice you can click that will display at various points on an image and add text in the designated locations.
Adding a Video using Video Icon (Cannot use for emails)
To add a video via the video Icon the video must be on YouTube.
- Paste YouTube URL
- Width and Height will auto fill.
- You can change this once the video has been embedded by clicking and dragging the edges of the video.
- Choose Alignment
- Click "Submit" when done
Remember this option is not available for Emails, because email servers will block videos embedded this way.
Adding a Video using link and Thumbnail for Email
To embed a video link and thumb nail into an email. You have a couple of options.
With these options the video does NOT have to be on YouTube.
Option 1: just drop a link to the video.
- Paste URL to video in URL to link
- Put in what you want the text that displays the link to say.
- Click "Open in new window" if you would like the video to open and play in a new window.
- click "Submit"
Option 2: Insert an image (Thumbnail) and link the image.
This option is simpler than it sounds. You will want a picture that is related to the video. Usually with a play sign on it to signify it will take someone to a video.
- Follow the steps for adding an image
- Before you hit submit, Click the Link tab and put in the Link to the video.
- Select if you would like this link to open in a new window.
- Then click "Submit"